New

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andya468

Reaction score
I have been wanting to do this for years
And would like some ideas on what kit I should
Purchase and type of brew to go with.

Do you have any equipment yet? Northern Brewer and Midwest Brewing have pretty good starter kits. If you are a little patient, Midwest puts up a Groupon every couple months for a full starter equipment setup and a recipe kit. What kind of beer do you like?

Do you have any equipment yet? Northern Brewer and Midwest Brewing have pretty good starter kits. If you are a little patient, Midwest puts up a Groupon every couple months for a full starter equipment setup and a recipe kit. What kind of beer do you like?

+1 to this!
What type of beer do you like, figure that out and look for a kit that looks good to you, all extract kits are pretty straight forward and simple to follow. Both mentioned suppliers have proven track records in product and customer service!

Cheers and Welcome!

Welcome!

I started not to long ago... about March I guess. I went with:

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/everything-complete-brewing-package-equipment-kit.html

I'm over all happy with it. I went ahead and bought a couple of things with it, like an auto siphon and a paddle doesnt come with it but they are $4 or so. I also went with this because I assumed I would mess up my first batch, so i really didnt care what style of beer it was. This one gives you 3 options. I went with the Irish Red and it turned out okay i guess.

Just my $.02! Style of beer is up to you, but to be honest, go ahead and get a few things like the auto siphon. You will be glad you did!

:mug:

I bought a complete kit from William's Brewing online a couple weeks ago. Arrived early, very easy to set up, use, and so on. My first batch is in the fermenter now and I can't wait to drink it! Already ordered a 2nd extract kit from them to get another one going once I bottle this batch.

I like light beer and some lagers! Want to try with a good kit and be sure I like it. Coors light miller light k red shock top amber bock.

I got back into brewing after a long time away. I brewed Northern Brewer's Nut Brown Ale - pretty simple and straightforward. I liked it so much, it's still in my regular rotation.

I would find a turkey fryer on amazon- make sure you get at least a 7 gal pot. This way you won't have to upgrade to do full boils. Buy 2 carboys/buckets and an immersion chiller. A hydrometer and test jar, a big spoon if you don't have one. Stoppers and bubblers. Auto-siphon.

The bottles, caps, capper, bottle filler, bottling bucket. You can buy in 3-4 weeks. And that will give you a reason to buy another kit.

Northern brewer is have a sale on carboys -25% off til August 31.

Back