Need some advice.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lionus

Reaction score
Well, I started my second batch of wheat beer this last weekend and things aren't going the same as the first. I'm into day 5 and I have noticed that my airlock never had the rolling bubbles that my first batch had. I popped the top of the fermentor and it appears that some fermentation has taken place. There is a two inch ring of slime(i dont know what to call this) above the wort. I did not take a specific gravity measurement on it before i began (too drunk to remember).

I'm seeking advice. I have another package of dry yeast I can add just to make sure it works. Should I add it or just kick back and wait and see what happens?

Thanks in advance.

That ring was from krausen from yeast finishing.Now its conditioning you can take a sanitized hydro reading when you want.Give it a few weeks.I havent had airlock bubbles more than half my batches and they finish.Plug your recipe in a brew calc to find a finish gravity or if its a kit it should say what it should be close to_Otherwise after a three day consecutive hydro to see if it stopps dropping,and after a few weeks if it doesnt change bottle it.

Back