Need recommendation on sanke d coupler, perlick or taprite?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmuchin

Reaction score
From what I can tell most hover around below the $50 range. I just cannot tell what brand is better. I want quality and something that will last without problems. Any specific models that could be recommended would be really helpful. Thx!

Well this is a new question. Honestly unless you are a bar I don't think you need to spend $$$ on the most expensive coupler. I have one that is probably made in China and it's going on 3 years of solid use with no issues. Honestly if you keep it clean and put keg lube on the rubber parts, it doesn't really matter IMO.

Get the cheaper one then ditch your crappy faucet and upgrade to a Perlick forward sealing faucet like this one:

http://www.ritebrew.com/product-p/843162.htm

That is worth spending a little extra on, not the name brand coupler.

I already have a 525SS so saving money isn't necessarily a requirement in this scenario. Lets pretend that this would be for a bar and maybe I wanted something of name brand in the stainless steel variety of couplers... I mean I don't want the thing made out of gold or anything but I'm willing to spend a few more dollars to get the best thats out there.

I don't think there's really a "best" in this situation. A sanke coupler is a fairly simple device. It's not like there are options and features to choose from, so I'd go for whatever you can find a deal on. You also might want to consider checking out craigslist for a used one. In fact, I have a few extras laying around that I'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price. PM me if you're interested.

A coupler is a coupler. Seals are going to go out on a Perlick or a Chinese one. If you want to spend more, buy a Perlick.

If you want to spend even more, get a low profile one.

Good luck!

Back