Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Chance to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Need Recipe Resource

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2011, 02:39 AM   #1
cactussam
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Need Recipe Resource

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out in finding a good resource (online preferably) for extract recipes or extract + hops recipes. I would like to get a few more brews under my belt before I jump into grain recipes and would like to stick to the simple stuff to get my skills a little more seasoned.

I've completed one brew so far, which though I made several mistakes, still came out fantastic. I'm actually enjoying a wonderful home brew right now :-)

Anyways, I don't have any specific requests, though I'd like to brew an Irish Red Ale soon. I've done some searching around the forums here and have found it kind of hit or miss using the search function to simply find extract recipes.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #2
Shaneoco1981
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactussam View Post
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out in finding a good resource (online preferably) for extract recipes or extract + hops recipes. I would like to get a few more brews under my belt before I jump into grain recipes and would like to stick to the simple stuff to get my skills a little more seasoned.

I've completed one brew so far, which though I made several mistakes, still came out fantastic. I'm actually enjoying a wonderful home brew right now :-)

Anyways, I don't have any specific requests, though I'd like to brew an Irish Red Ale soon. I've done some searching around the forums here and have found it kind of hit or miss using the search function to simply find extract recipes.
Google. Search for Irish Red Ale Extract recipes. You will get a bunch of sites with different recipes. Without doing the leg work for you, that's what I would suggest.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:44 AM   #3
turtle
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

when you're searching the HBT recipe database, click the table header labeled "prefix", this will sort by recipe type(all grain, extract, partial).

So from the main hbt page, click the link for 'scottish and irish ale' in the recipe database, then click 'prefix', then go to page 2 where the extract recipes start, and continue onto page 3.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
cactussam
Recipes 

Turtle, you're awesome! Thanks a ton :-)

Quick Reply