Need new kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finigan4710

Reaction score
What is a good intermediate kit that will have everything I need for a good price?

Check out northern brewer or midwest. They have some really good stuff.

Second that. I looked at both, and went with NB because I wanted to brew their Caribou Slobber brown ale as my first ever brew (and they were running a sale @ the time).

Second that. I looked at both, and went with NB because I wanted to brew their Caribou Slobber brown ale as my first ever brew (and they were running a sale @ the time).

hard to go wrong with either. If you go with Northern Brewer though make sure and get a hydrometer or the hydrometer add on because I heard they took it out of the basic starter equipment kits.

Austin Homebrew Supply has alot of good kits. I can also vouch for Northern Brewers kits. Those two are my favorites.

I just stumbled upon a site called americanbrewery.com. They said they are new and are putting on a special with a large kit for 50 dollars. Should I trust that. It seems legit

hard to go wrong with either. If you go with Northern Brewer though make sure and get a hydrometer or the hydrometer add on because I heard they took it out of the basic starter equipment kits.

I bought the base kit (included first recipe w/bottle caps) , added the following :
6.5gallon Better Bottle (for additional space and if I wanted to do a 'big beer' with a blow off rig)
Carboy Hauler
Carboy bung & airlock
Hydrometer
Test tube
Wine Thief
Irish Moss
Thermometer

I already had a big enough kettle, and I drank my way to empties.

All told, I believe it came in just under $165 with shipping

Midwest Supplies often times has a groupon for their starter kits. You could try and search for that to save some money if it's offered right now.

Midwest Supplies often times has a groupon for their starter kits. You could try and search for that to save some money if it's offered right now.

I agree with this. The groupon deal includes an excellent start kit and includes a kit, so it's an especially good value

Back