Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Need Hefeweitzen Help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #31
stevedore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Wily View Post
They mention that right on their site:

I am also a fan of the Kellerweis and would like to try recreating it at some point down the road.
I actually just had a glass of it yesterday. I definitely enjoyed it; its pretty complex but for some reason I felt that was less of a good thing as that sort of covers up the yeast a little bit. I've always considered Hefes unique in that they basically set the stage for the yeast to be the star of the show. To me the yeasty flavor was a bit diminished by it all. But what do I know? I'm pretty much comparing all Hefes to Weihenstephaner anyhow so its sort of unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fosgate View Post
Presentation went well. We showed off first since we had the lightest style and was the only one that everyone in the room drank all of what was served them. The ending of the last presentation was kind of funny. They were presenting I believe a Scottish Stout. They kept pronouncing Edinburgh like Edenburg. At the question an answer session at the end when they asked for questions we all froze as we heard a thick Scottish accent from the back of the room. "If you continue to brew Scottish beers in the future do us a favor and learn to properly pronounce the capital of Scottland as Edinburgh and not Edenburg."
Ouch. Wonder how that's going to affect their marks

Current brewing pipeline: empty
Bottled: Rock Steady IPA, Hefeweizen
RIP: Everyday IPA, Coffee Stout
Future: BCBS clone?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #32
fosgate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I brewed my second batch in December on a new setup. I followed the recipe for 70% efficiency since I had no idea where to start. I achieved 87% efficiency on this 10 gallon batch. Turned out really tasty but the only problem is the lack of head. I don't think I put enough bottling sugar in where the last time I put 2/8 more than what the recipe called for and it turned out perfect. Could also be the alcohol content as the body still seems bubbly like a hefeweizen should. Oh well, drink my way through 10 gallons and try again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply