The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > A near flawless performance

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #1
Glynn
Brewing 20 yrs & still a noob
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default A near flawless performance

WOOT! The forth times a charm I guess. I finally a painless brew day. I hit all my marks from start to finish and it only took me 4.5 hours from setup to clean up. the only problems i had was maintaining a steady mash temp. within the first 30 min i lost 5 degrees. Most of which i got back with a qt of near boiling water. but i still mashed a little lower than i hoped for. The other was while in the process of adding water i spilled some on me brand new thermometer that replaced the one i drop into my mash the last time. I looked down in horror to see everything but the temp gauge freeze up and stop working. Determined not to lose another one to the beer gods i field stripped that bad boy right then and there and managed to bring it back from the dead. All in all I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. I thing i just might be getting this. lol.

Good people drink good beer - Hunter S. Thompson
Duct tape. The handyman's secret weapon - Red Green

Naughty Kitty Brewing EST 1993
Primary 1 -
Primary 2 -
Primary 3 -
Secondary 1 -
Secondary 2 -
Bottled - Imperial IPA, Oaked zythos pale ale, Cascadian dark ale, Sumpin sumpin clone, Summit hopped pale ale, Citra IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1826 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 1293

Like they say,all's well that ends well. Congrats on getting it right!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply