Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > My wife is about to stop my brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #101
Skarekrough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hops2it View Post
Hops is an acquired taste for many. My wife started out a few years back nothing but BMC. Started her on a few store bought wheats, then a few of the Sam Adams seasonals and just worked my way up the IBU chain slowly but surely. She's made it all the way now...just tried a 70 IBU IPA I made recently and I was shocked when she loved it. It's a matter of conditioning. Now she HATES BMC with a passion, says it has zero flavor.

Patience grasshopper.
When I met my wife almost fifteen years ago she wasn't into beer or coffee that was even remotely dark or strong. Now she drinks her coffee black and likes her beers with some serious kick to them.

Last night she took it upon herself to try a Trappist experiment I did that came out much darker than I had intended. I liked it but I knew that it was the kind of flavor that others likely wouldn't. Her response...."That's excellent!"

It takes time.

Bear Hill Brewery - Get Mauled!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2011, 04:47 PM   #102
mattmuir
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yoopers Cream Ale! Wife started on that and is now geeting to be a hop head. She used to drink MGD 64. ug

Old 08-21-2011, 07:23 PM   #103
clamflats
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

just read all 102 posts. just before i got to #51 i was thinking the same thing. Skeeter Pee is a great summer drink that just about all women seem to like ALOT. i notice that alot of the men drink when taken to BBQs or clambakes. warning if you make it you will have to start a pipeline but worth it. good luck

Old 08-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #104
NewTexian
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by amingo View Post
Raging Bitch must have been created to spite a raging SWMBO.
I'd love to hear that back story.

If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs. ~ David Daye

http://newtexianbrew.com - http://ronlennex.com - New Texian on Brewer's Friend New Texian on Pinterest

Quick Reply