Hi all. I just brewed my first recipe that was entirely my idea. I'd like to get your feed back.
3 POUNDS SPARKLING AMBER DME
3 POUNDS SPARKLING AMBER LME
1 POUND BRIESS SMOKE MALT
1 POUND DINGEMANS CARA 8 MALT
1 OUNCE WILLAMETTE HOPS
1 OUNCE SIMCOE HOPS
1 OUNCE BITTER ORANGE PEEL
2 OUNCE SWEET ORANGE PEEL
HANDFUL OF CINNAMON STICKS
3 OUNCES OF CUBED GINGER
1 TABLESPOON GROUND GINGER
2 TABLESPOONS NUTMEG
3 TABLESPOONS CINNAMON
5 POUNDS OF HONEY
2 TABLESPOONS WHOLE CLOVES
2 CUPS GRAPEFRUIT JUICE
1 PACKAGE OF YEAST
1. Put 2.5 gallons of water in pot.
2. Add 1.5 lbs. of DME and 1 oz. of sweet orange peel
3. Start boil and stir until DME is dissolved.
4. Once boil has started, steep grains for 45 minutes. Do not squeeze bag.
5. Add LME. Stir until dissloved. Do not let it burn on the bottom of pot.
6. Once water is boiling again, add rest of DME. Stir until dissolved.
7. Add half of the cinnamon sticks, the cubed ginger, grapefruit juice, cloves, and the Willamette hops. Boil for 30 minutes.
8. Add Honey and any left over flavoring agents. Stir until it comes to a boil.
9. Add Simcoe Hops. Boil for 20 minutes.
10. Terminate boil, cool wort, pitch yeast.
Thanks in advance!