New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > My latest anomaly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
GLWIII
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default My latest anomaly

Exactly 10 days ago I bottled a two hearted clone. Gave the bottles a check this evening and notice every bottle has a somewhat significant amount of particulate suspended in it and a more than what I usually have yeastwise deposited at the bottom of the bottle. I suspect when I was racking to the bottling bucket that I picked up too much yeast from the bottom of the secondary, combined with the primer I got individual fermentation going in each bottle. I popped one open and it was nicely carbonated and the pour was actually clear. I guess as I poured the crud settled in the elbow of the bottle. Taste was not bad, but still green.

I'm not sure what to expect in two weeks when it has a full three plus weeks of conditioning. Is this batch doomed? If it is a new fermentation in each bottle am I in danger of bottle bombs? As always, thanks for the help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2008, 01:53 AM   #2
TheDom
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Nahh, it'll be fine. It's the amount of priming sugar that determines the level of carbonation, not the amount of yeast. Extra yeast or trub might lead to a cloudy beer that takes more refrigeration to clear, but it'll be just fine. Worst case scenario, it never gets crystal clear, but it still drinkable beer.

Stand by for the obligatory "It's ruined, mail it to me for proper disposal" post.

Happy brewing,
D

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply