Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > My IPA Restarted

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
levandr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default My IPA Restarted

I brewed an IPA about 9 days ago. I was going to transfer to the secondary on day 7 when I noticed that fermentation restarted. I am guessing that when the basement cooled a bit, the yeast woke up and finished their job.

So, since ferementation restarted, how long can I leave the brew on the turb? As of last night, bubbling stopped...again. I know that leaving the brew on the turb for 2+ weeks isn't good but since ferementation restarted, does this time also restart? Or, screw it and move it to the secondary now?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You can leave the beer on the primary yeast cake for up to a month without significant worry. If the beer isn't ready, I wouldn't rush it. The best thing to do is take a hydrometer reading and then another in 2 days. If the reading is the same then it's done fermenting, which means it's probably just off-gassing CO2.

Projects: Sylvania Kegerator Conversion, Tower Cooling, Grain Milling Station

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply