Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > My first brew is ruined!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 02:18 AM   #51
timduncan200021
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

So I bottled it tonight after two weeks fermenting, and the last 3 of those days it was cold crashed. I got 23.5 bottles with the last half bottle being an experiment of a high carbonated beer. I used brewers best carbonated tablets, as per instructions it's says four tablets for medium carbonation and five for high carbonation. I did half my batch with 4 and half my batch with five so that I can see for future reference what they really do.

The cold crash really helped to clear the beer up the trub was cemented to the bottom of the lbk and didn't move all the way till the end. The beer was crystal clear, I was really pleased with that. I did not see any toilet paper particulate or any other matter throughout the beer and an inspection of the trub didn't produce any foreign matter as well.

Thank you guys for talking sense into me and telling me not to throw it out, I think I was just a lil pissed off at first. Now I have two weeks in the bottle to condition and then going to do two weeks in the fridge, it should be ready just in time for the Super Bowl : )

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #52
WyattsWingShooter
Recipes 

I say bottle it up and save it for when your kids are of drinking age, then share it with them!

Old 02-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #53
JLP
Interactive
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 33

So how did your brews turn out?

Quick Reply