Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > My first brew is good

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
CBBaron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default My first brew is good

I can't say its the first time I tasted my own home brew as I tasted this batch at several points along the way including last week after 5 days in the bottle. However the bottle I had today was carbonated and was good. I'm not saying it was a gold medal winning brew but it was very good so I am pleased. I'm hoping an extra week or more to condition in the bottle will improve it further. I am going to try to wait at least one more week before trying any more but it is going to be hard now that I know its a good batch.
I have a second batch I hope to bottle this weekend and a third planned that I have all the ingredients for except the bottles. Once I empty a few more bottles that one will go in the fermenter.
The first was a Brewer's Best Red Ale kit, the second a BB Irish Stout kit. The third is an Oatmeal kit but I plan to do a small mash with some additional malt and oatmeal. I have a cooler and straining bag so that I can do larger partial mashes for future batches. Probably by that point I will borrow my dad's turkey fryer to try a full wort boil (SWMBO wants my boils out of the house any ways).
I am really enjoying this process and I'm looking forward to having a variety of my own brew available.
Craig

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2007, 03:31 AM   #2
twocylndr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My first taste of home brew was from my own first batch. I was quite impressed! That was 15 years ago. I still impress my self every now and then!
Welcome to the club! Have fun! and Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply