Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > My First Brew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
TJSense
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default My First Brew

Hello All,

I wanted to post up my first brew. I am actually surprised there isn't a thread on this yet, who knows, maybe I just started it.

Well, anyways, my first kit ever was Monster Brew Amber Ale. I brewed the beer on September 8th, it sat in the primary for a week, then I transferred to a secondary fermenter on the 15th. I wanted it to sit in the secondary for couple of weeks to get it nice and clear. I did not however add Irish Moss, which I hear is great to clear it up. So I racked my bottles on the 29th and let them sit. I put one bottle in the fridge this morning and I just tried it. I must say this is one of the best beers I have ever tried. I cannot believe that this beer tastes so good. I am officially hooked and I cannot wait to start my next batch. I think I am going to go with a Holiday Porter. Any and all comments are welcome. Cheers and happy brewing!

first-brew-amber-ale-.jpg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
Feeny
Recipes 

Thats awesome to hear your first came out so good. I just bottled my first batch on October 2. Excited to open the first one in a few days and try it.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
Unibrow
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Welcome to the insanity

I'm trying to catalog every brew online so I don't have to keep notes all over the house. Check it out on my blog site below:

http://brewzak.wordpress.com/

Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #4
MicheleE63
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

TJSense, I am on my 5th batch and I'm with you. First batch was surprisingly good and now I'm hooked too. I brewed a red ale first. I've brewed a 5 gallon batch every Sunday since September 9th. I'm tasting my White House Honey Ale later tonight, and today I brewed a Southern Pecan Brown Ale. This is so cool!

Michele

Old 10-07-2012, 11:38 PM   #5
Hackwood
Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Welcome to the addiction. I'm sure lots will tell you that. It isn't a hobby after a little while. More of an addiction. haha Way to go, and enjoy the fruits of your labors. (OH, and you'd better get started on that 2nd batch or your pipeline is going to run dry!)

Fermenting - Nothing.
Lagering - Nothing.
Secondary - Nothing.
Bottle-aging -Nothing.
In the Fridge - Brian's Best Bitter

Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #6
BamaRooster
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 4