New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > My crazy IPA? Looking for wisdom, opinions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #11
Chadwick
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Update:

Two week mark has arrived. Opened up another bottle of this stuff to try out. Carbonation is improved, although still a little weak. Taste has improved a bit. There is a definite sweet note that is more in the aroma than in the taste. Not bad overall. Still, I think I'll leave this stuff alone to condition longer to see how much more it can develope.

To my surprise, I cannot tell that I used any smoked malt at all. The hop profile is rich, but not overpowering. It's about right for a non-IPA which I eventually decided to do since there was reservations about smoked flavor mixed with a strong dry hopping.

It's funny, looking back on my first brewing attempts years ago. I would use 1 ounce of hops in a boil and never go over that. I always thought those brews tasted too sweet and didn't even consider using more hops. Of course, I would also use table sugar by the pounds and could never get past that TWANG it added. I gave away a lot of that beer to my alcoholic brother who swore it was better than Cobra malt liquer.

Here is to everyone at Home Brew Talk for helping me get back into brewing again and being successful.
Cheers!
-Chadwick

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply