Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > My beer tastes like a light beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 03:34 AM   #21
jonmohno
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 411 Times on 362 Posts
Likes Given: 1210

I think munich can self convert and with the crystal you used you should get some body, with it fully conditoned and good carbonation it should have some body,maybe change up the yeast if you are still not satisfied after some ageing.
Ok then just seen your recent post,yeah, give it some time you cant really ever judge it completly young.flaked barley can really get you some good head retention by the way also.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 07:02 AM   #22
gointomexico
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The first few post a ways back said that the beer was probably young. I wanted to expand on that and say that when Acetaldehyde, is present it covers up the character, no, the subtle character of a beer. You can still taste the stronger notes, but the more subtle tastes are undetectable. I have noticed that all of my beers benefit from a few days of cold conditioning.

Acetaldehyde - Home Brewing Wiki

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply