The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Is my beer infected...?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
Mr. Mojo Rising
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Is my beer infected...?

Here is the story so far.

The belgian wit that I have been brewing for 2 weeks just kept on bubbling away. I posted questions on the temp (64-66F) and all said that it was fine. I started slowly bumping the temp to 69F over several days to see if it would take off. It never really did. 1/4 inch Krausen the whole time with a very off, sulphur smell. It would burn the nose when I smelled it. I figured what the heck and pitched some Nottingham 2 days ago wondering if I underpitched. Same Krausen now it is foamy on top, sort of half clearing. I read up on my HOW TO BREW and based on Palmer's remarks I think I might have a "Gusher." I tasted it and it was fruity, citrus-like, but lacked fullness. It tasted like a diet Squirt or soda. The Gravity is 1.011. Should I dump it? What should I do?

15 Gal Conical - The Three Nobles-German Pils
Secondary - The Comrade-Imperial Russian Stout
Tap 1 - The Goodness-APA
Tap 2 - The Unicorn-Honey Nut Brown
Tap 3 - The Blarney-Irish Red

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply