Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > my ale pale is about to explode.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
DaveWade
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default my ale pale is about to explode.

I put a rubber tube into the hole of the ale pale and am using it as a blow of tube while I'm at work. I was told awhile back when I did have an explosion that if the beer is fermenting that vigorously, it should be protecting itself from infection. Is that right? I'm hoping it should be ok til I get home in about 7 hrs. Any comments?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
DaveWade
Recipes 

Default my ale pale is about to explode

I put a rubber tube into the hole of the ale pale and am using it as a blow of tube while I'm at work. I was told awhile back when I did have an explosion that if the beer is fermenting that vigorously, it should be protecting itself from infection. Is that right? I'm hoping it should be ok til I get home in about 7 hrs. Any comments?

Old 09-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #3
Hex23
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 45

You get protection from the fact that the yeast are doing well (probably out-competing any bacteria) and the fact that material is going out of the fermenter, not in. Nonetheless, it's good practice to sanitize the blowoff tube before attaching. But if you forgot, probably no big deal.

Quick Reply