So I finally got the beer started. The mash and boil was a little interesting as I had never really tried it before. When I added the irish moss to the boil, it boiled over really fast. That was a nice mess I had to clean up but luckily not much of the wort was lost. I also added a small amount of dextrose and a little bit of yeast energizer and yeast nutrient. I've heard of people using it before so I wanted to try it out and see how the results changed with them.
It has been in primary for about a week and I'm about to move it to the secondary. I think I'm going to stick with just the lactose and cocoa nibs. I just want it to hint at chocolate flavor but not be a rich chocolate flavor. I'm going to hopefully move it to secondary today.