New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Multi Tap Kegerator for Husband - Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
IPAgal
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Multi Tap Kegerator for Husband - Help

Hi, my husband has been brewing for a few years now and wants to start kegging beers and needs (wants) a multi-tap system for the house. I have seen many things online talking about how to convert a freezer and how to build one. For those of us far less handy, can you recommend a good one to buy already to go? I want to get this for him as a Christmas gift. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
DUNDASJ
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The reason people build them is because in my opinion its cheaper, more fun and allows room to expand. Keezers can have 5 or more taps if they're big enough. I bought a fridge/ kegerator that someone else already built from on craigslist. I found it using the craigslist app. If you have a smart phone download the app. You can set up a search on it to automatically alert you when a kegerator or keezer is posted for sale in your area. I'm suggesting this because brand new kegerators can be pretty pricey. Hope this helps!

Old 11-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #3
TomSD
Da Geek

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Also keep in mind most commercial kegorators use different connects and are built for different kegs than what home brewers use. Not too hard to modify them but it is something to be aware of.

Johnson Controller rewire
| Keezer (FCM7SUWW) build | Love Controller box build | Soda Syrups/Concentrates

God is an imaginary friend for grownups., Walter Crewes (Morgan Freeman), The Big Bounce

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions they're easier to handle than dumb mistakes!

Old 11-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
DrinkDR
Recipes 

I'm a young guy, full time student, with no prior woodworking experience. I made one that turned out great. Found freezer on craigslist for $20, and wood + tile only cost me around $150. All in all, it was worth it for me. Haven't built the sides yet, but the important part is done.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #5
TomSD
Da Geek

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 15

And putting together a collar is even easier. Not as fancy but it does the job...

Johnson Controller rewire
| Keezer (FCM7SUWW) build | Love Controller box build | Soda Syrups/Concentrates

God is an imaginary friend for grownups., Walter Crewes (Morgan Freeman), The Big Bounce

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions they're easier to handle than dumb mistakes!

Old 11-06-2011, 10:02 PM   #6
DrinkDR
Recipes 

If you buy him a bar, you will go down forever as the best wife in town.

Quick Reply