New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Multi Step Mash Schedule

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
derek084
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Multi Step Mash Schedule

I've been trying to figure out how to do a multi-step mashout (initial water temp and different quantities to add)

I created an excel spreadsheet to do the calculations for me. Can anyone tell me if I am doing this correctly? please see the attached file for a printout from the spreadsheet I created. I am mainly interested to see if the 120.4 in the Tw(oF) column and the Wa(Qts) column numbers are correct.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #2
malkore

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I used promash demo for the one step mash I did. Your numbers (without doing any math myself) seem like the right amounts. You do need to dough in really thick so you don't thin the mash with all the steps.

my question back at you is...what's the grain bill...what are you brewing? because with most of today's highly modified malts you don't gain anything from the glucan and protein rests. Any many styles don't need separate alpha and beta rests.

Just making sure you aren't doing something un-necessary, unless your goal is to do it.

Bottled: MOAM, Braggot, Raspberry Melomel, Merlot, Apfelwein, Pyment, Sweet mead, Cabernet
Gal in 2009: 27, Gal in 2010: 34, Gal in 2011: 13, Gal in 2012: 10

Old 06-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
derek084
Recipes 

Thanks for the reply. This was for a Lambic beer from NorthernBrewer.com called Dawsons Kriek. The multi step schedule is from the instructional document included with their kit. You can check out the pdf doc at:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/dawsons-kriek-all-grain-kit.html

Quick Reply