Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Mr Beer - Read all about it and ask questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #4591
abandonhope16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I assume you haven't de-labeled then? Oxyclean is good of that. I usually do it in my sink bc there is more space. I do about half a scoop with however much water (hottish) is required to submerge the bottles. After about 20-30 minutes, the labels will either fall off on their own or slide off pretty easily. Rinse thoroughly. Then I soak in the no rinse sanitizer, making sure its gets in the bottle, then plug the hole with your thumb/finger and shake for several seconds. Allow to air dry. I guess you could also mix up some sanitising solution and pour directly into the bottles and shake.
Capper is pretty easy. Just center up the cap, place capper without shifting the cap too much and swing the arms down. Make sure to do this on a flat, hard surface. I prefer capping on the floor.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #4592
Ostomo517
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 575 Times on 364 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I would use all glass if you got it except for maybe two so you can squeeze and judge the carb, opening your own beer in glass bottles with a opener rocks!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #4593
KBR97
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Hello everyone, first post here and first time brewing. I received a mr beer for Christmas from my father. We were talking about home brew one day so he decided to grab it to get me started.

Anyway, 4 weeks ago I brewed up the Chzech pilsner. I figured I would let it ferment for 2-3 weeks and then bottle it. I ended up waiting 4 weeks. While I was bottling today I noticed that the beer smelt sweet, almost like a wine. It also tasted kind of sweet too. Should I expect this to go away after it bottle conditions for a few more weeks?

Btw I didn't feel comfortable doing the whole add sugar to the bottles thing. Instead I boiled a cup or so of water, removed from heat, added about a 1/4 cup of sugar, added that to a bottling bucket and proceeded to transfer then bottle. I got the sugar measurement from the calculator on northern brewer site.

The color and clarity of the beer is great, just wondering about the sweet taste.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #4594
EHV
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 186 Times on 144 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehardt

I apologize if this sounds like a dumb question, but did you have raspberries or bits of raspberries in the bottles?
Not dumb at all cause I was the dumb one who allowed them to enter the bottle. Bout everyone of them had a little.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:48 AM   #4595
Doob
Recipes 

I have a mr beer kit and just got the st Patrick's Irish stout refill as a gift. After mixing in the mr beer keg, will it benefit to leave it in longer and what experience has anyone had with this refill?

Old 02-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #4596
6894Kevin
Recipes 

:-( first batch Tastes like bud lt or big 3 light beer. Very disappointed. I have the Irish stout in right now and hope its better.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #4597
abandonhope16
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6894Kevin
:-( first batch Tastes like bud lt or big 3 light beer. Very disappointed. I have the Irish stout in right now and hope its better.
Which one was it? If it was the American Light one; then I would assume it would taste like a Domestic Light beer ;o)

Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 PM   #4598
bigtuna101
Recipes 

Quick question. I have 4 mr beer 2gallon tanks and have four batches going, they are all strong beers with most having at least two cans of the HME and maybe a booster (recipes from the web site) any way they have all been sitting a little over two weeks and are all starting to taste great (little sips every three days or so) but I have noticed that when I poor a little test taste into a glass they all have white creamy looking things at the bottom of the glass. I assume this is a sign the ferment is not complete etc. But thought I would ask.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #4599
Ostomo517
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 575 Times on 364 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Probably yeast, just fyi I wouldnt risk infection by opening and tasting every few days.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #4600
bigtuna101
Recipes 

Thanks will hand tight. Thanks

Quick Reply