New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Mr Beer - Read all about it and ask questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #4231
Randolf
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Thanx Tombstone,I have experimented with lots of extract recipes,but these refills came as a 2 pk with the Oct.Fest,which is the one I wanted ,so in order not to have 1 Aztec sitting around,I figured to brew both into one batch. Can't be too bad. I'm not a big fan of Corona type beers,so maybe if I use both at once it may be better.I never used the agave syrup,so I figured if anyone would know about it,I could get the info here.Thanx again...Randolf

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #4232
cbmikey
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I just brewed a batch of the Cerveza last week. I just used one can of HME along with 1 lb of extra light DME. I brewed it last Thursday and pitched around 70 degrees. Over the weekend it had a great head of krausen foam on it. I can't wait to start pulling samples in another week and a half. I plan on leaving it in there for 3 or 4 weeks and then bottle. I want it ready for SWMBO's birthday Feb 5th.

From what I've read this is closer to the darker Dos Equis and not so much like Corona. Good luck and let us know how it turns out Randolf!

->Mike
->Mr Beer Newb

Old 12-18-2012, 11:07 PM   #4233
stevehardt
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigy View Post
Here she sits on the top shelf of my closet - fermenting away. Now I need to be patient. Going to check it at 2 weeks then see if it needs that extra week.

Can anyone voice some input on my estimated times for each step? My estimated times are the following:
Fermenting (in keg): 2-3 Weeks
Conditioning (in bottles): 2 Weeks
Cold Conditioning (in fridge): 1-2 Weeks

Do these times look correct to everyone in here? I would love for my first batch to come out as good as possible!
IMHO, if you let it condition for 3 weeks you tend to get better beer

Old 12-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #4234
RagingBull
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'd let it sit in the LBK three weeks then at least 4 weeks carbonating/ conditioning, the the fridge.

Carbonating/Conditioning:Chocolate Porter, Old Devil Nut Brown Ale, Cape Fear Pale Ale Classic American Light1776 Lager
Fermenting: Diablo IPA, Black Forest Stout, Hellfire Red Ale
On Deck: Bewitched Amber Ale

Old 12-20-2012, 01:36 AM   #4235
Randolf
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Me too,3 weeks in the keg,4 weeks condition at room temp,and 3 or 4 days in the fridge. I have 3 new ones to test on New Years Eve.Hope they turn out good.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:57 AM   #4236
ryno1ryno
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 31

But there in lies the problem... who can wait 6 weeks for a 2 gallon beer?

This is when you get hooked... you have to build up a pipeline in order to have constant beer available otherwise you will be waiting all year.

Thats when you upgrade to the 5 gallon batches and then doubling up on that... start buying in bulk and it gets worse from there.

I am already looking to get the kegs, co2 , kegerator and so forth just to have my pipeline "established"

Old 12-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #4237
Randolf
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Actually,I "OverBrewed" my pipeline and almost ran past my bottle supply.Right now I'm sitting on 7 cases of different brews,some Mr. B,some of my own concoctions,and 3 more cases conditioning.I also have the ingredients for 11 batches of Mr. B. to be brewed after the new year,so I'm in pretty good shape .

Old 12-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #4238
ryno1ryno
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randolf View Post
Actually,I "OverBrewed" my pipeline and almost ran past my bottle supply.Right now I'm sitting on 7 cases of different brews,some Mr. B,some of my own concoctions,and 3 more cases conditioning.I also have the ingredients for 11 batches of Mr. B. to be brewed after the new year,so I'm in pretty good shape .
You arent drinking it fast enough

Do you only have 1 Mr. Beer keg? If you have more fermenters then nevermind.

My problem is I have 75% of my bottles full and 7 gallons (5 gal bucket and a 2 gal Mr Beer) ready to bottle as soon as Saturday. I need to buy more bottles/jugs/a keg.

If I dont upgrade, I will never get my pipeline running full tilt. 'Must Maximize Every Hour'

Old 12-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #4239
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2657 Times on 1602 Posts
Likes Given: 3446

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno1ryno View Post
But there in lies the problem... who can wait 6 weeks for a 2 gallon beer?
People who want good beer WAIT, and drink other beers in the interim.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #4240
Randolf
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Actually I have 3 LBK, 1 Mr.Beer Pilot(6 liter...retired),and 2xMr. Beer 6.5 gallon fermenters,and am going to send for 2 of the new BrewDemon conical fermenters.With all the fermenters I have now,I can really turn out some beer.I do all x-trct brewing,so even w/ hop boils (3) 2 gallon batches in a day is do-able,even with clean-up.

Quick Reply