New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Mr Beer - Read all about it and ask questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 12:45 AM   #401
CAsch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy
If there's stuff on the bottom, that means it's working...It's called trub...Basically it's yeastpoop It means the yeasties are eating the sugar and turning it into precious necter!

Never abort a beer...Always see it through to the bottle conditioning process...

Yeastpoop! That sounds delicious. Thanks for the prompt response, I can't wait for it to be done.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2008, 01:20 AM   #402
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2661 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3453

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAsch
Yeastpoop! That sounds delicious. Thanks for the prompt response, I can't wait for it to be done.
You wanna see something cool? If your next beer is going to darker than what's in the fermentor...instead of using the yeast packet...pour your new wort on top of the old cake!

You'll see really active fermentation.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #403
Dextersmom
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

lol might make a huge mess...new mr beer kegs aren't really designed to us a blow off.....hehe

Primary: Empty
Secondary: Empty
Priming / Conditioning: Empty
Drinking: Empty

Gallons Brewed This Year: 0

Old 02-29-2008, 07:12 PM   #404
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextersmom
lol might make a huge mess...new mr beer kegs aren't really designed to us a blow off.....hehe

*shhh* I said it would be cool....I didn't say it might not be a little messy

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 03-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #405
badsneaker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Now that I invested in better brewing equipment, I’ve been wondering what to do with my mr beer keg.

Why don’t we send in pictures of our mb kegs taken in unusual places, you know, like as a passenger on an airliner, used as a bobber on a fishing line, tied under a saint bernard’s chin…

Old 03-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #406
Thwizzit
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default This Is What I love About Mr. Beer

Do not adjust your set. Your eyes are fine (unless you've had a couple too many home brews recently). My camera's auto focus is broken...

This is what I love about Mr. Beer. He's such a sneaky little devil! I have a small cabinet in my home office that used to be for copy paper and other office ephemera but it's secretly been converted into a mini Mr. Beer brewery which SWMBO doesn't even know exists (yet) So, I can just swing my chair around and see how my children are fermenting :-)

Old 03-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #407
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwizzit
Do not adjust your set. Your eyes are fine (unless you've had a couple too many home brews recently). My camera's auto focus is broken...

That's brilliant! Thanks for posting. So when are you gonna install the in cabinet webcam, so you can peek in on your children even whilst at work????

Old 03-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #408
Dextersmom
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwizzit

This is what I love about Mr. Beer. He's such a sneaky little devil! I have a small cabinet in my home office that used to be for copy paper and other office ephemera but it's secretly been converted into a mini Mr. Beer brewery which SWMBO doesn't even know exists (yet) So, I can just swing my chair around and see how my children are fermenting :-)
Yeap I gotta agree thats super stealth! you get some points for creativity on this one!
Primary: Empty
Priming / Conditioning: Empty
Drinking: Empty

Gallons Brewed This Year: 0

Old 03-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #409
Thwizzit
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I almost got busted today by SWMBO because she's got bionic hearing (no joke) and the Apfelwein is bubbling away and I guess it's making a high pitched squealing sound (which I can't hear because I can't hear anything) and whenever she comes in my office she asks me what that sound is and has to hold her ears because it gives her a headache....

Old 03-04-2008, 01:28 AM   #410
badsneaker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Tell her it's an anti-rodent device...

Quick Reply