Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Mr Beer - Read all about it and ask questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 02:14 AM   #3591
dmoore714
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I just took another gravity reading on my Bullseye ale. Been in the fermenter for just over two weeks. OG was 1.064. A few days ago it was 1.022. Tonights reading was 1.018, and still bubbling. This one's gonna be good.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #3592
ZKramer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Professor View Post
When I bottle primed I just used the recommended 1 1/3 teaspoon.

I prefer batch priming, but either works in the short term. In the long term you will batch prime.

What is the basis for your concern? While not generally a problem I guess there is some reason it could be for some.

Thank you very much. Funny you mention long term, even at this stage I can tell I'm going to be hooked on home brewing and itching to upgrade in the not so distant future.

My concern is actually for my father and brother who have rather sensitive digestive systems. I'll probably just make sure I pour carefully, or if they are real worried, filter into the glass when the time comes.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #3593
bpgreen
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKramer View Post
Thank you very much. Funny you mention long term, even at this stage I can tell I'm going to be hooked on home brewing and itching to upgrade in the not so distant future.

My concern is actually for my father and brother who have rather sensitive digestive systems. I'll probably just make sure I pour carefully, or if they are real worried, filter into the glass when the time comes.
If you condition long enough, more stuff precipitates out. And after it precipitates out, as it sits on the bottom it compacts. this happens to some extent at room temperature and to a greater extent in the fridge. I usually keep my beer in the bottle at room temperature for about 4 months and in the fridge for a week or two. Most of the time, I can pour all the beer out of the bottle without getting any trub at all.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #3594
kc9eci
Recipes 

That was some FAST shipping on the part of Mr.Beer. I ordered the seasonal pilsner on Monday evening...UPS just dropped it off. I wasn't even going to dial in the fridge downstairs to the lagering temp until this weekend. Looks like I'll be doing that yet this evening.

Police, Firefighters and EMS are the most collectively dysfunctional group of people in existence and only we understand each other.

Old 02-22-2012, 10:51 PM   #3595
Kealia
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc9eci View Post
I'll make it a point to never share such classified information again.
Easy tiger, I was actually trying to help you out here too.
I work with a lot of companies' marketing departments and when they start getting multiple redemptions on unique codes they tend to lock them down. This can happen in a matter of minutes sometimes and you'll find yourself not being able to take advantage of the code either.

On a lighter note, I have to agree with your sig line 100%. A lot of my family is on the job.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #3596
azmark
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well for folks looking for a quick discount,,,today only 10% off for wooters!
http://www.mrbeer.com/woot/?utm_source=woot&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=woot 2011

Old 02-23-2012, 06:53 PM   #3597
Raenon
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealia View Post
Honestly, I think it's fair of them to restrict in that manner. Also, posting a code like this in a forum is good way to get that code locked. Most are meant for the individual recipient and not meant for multiple redemptions.
I agree, it's fair to restrict it... but it's unfair for them to make their shopping cart accept it, and then cancel them individually. They promised one thing through the cart, then told me it was going to be more.
If they'd told me it was a pricing error that was fixed, I might even understand, but obviously someone else just stacked codes and got through... so that's not the case.
It's a crappy way to conduct business.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:59 PM   #3598
natefrog255
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Alright, just tried a bottle of my Split Rock Red Ale and the color/clarity is nice, aroma is okay, but the beer itself seemed a little flat/fizzy for my liking --- almost like soda. Is my mistake too much sugar when carbonation or just need more time to mature? My actual fridge date is next Thursday, I cheated and had one early. Ingreds/Date are below.

1 Can Red Ale HME
1 Can Mellow Amber UME
1 Pouch Booster
Muntons Prem Brew Yeast (6 grams)

Brewed 1-12-12
Bottled 2-1-12 (cane sugar w/Mr Beer sugar tool)
Condition Start 2-15-12
Projected Drink Date 3-2-12

Tried one 2-23-12 and seemed flat and too fizzy. Just time or possibly too much carbonation?

All Extract Brewer (with Steeping) Brewer Since Fall of 2011. Goal is to try All Grain in Summer of 2013.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #3599
gtlaw10
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by natefrog255 View Post
Alright, just tried a bottle of my Split Rock Red Ale and the color/clarity is nice, aroma is okay, but the beer itself seemed a little flat/fizzy for my liking --- almost like soda. Is my mistake too much sugar when carbonation or just need more time to mature? My actual fridge date is next Thursday, I cheated and had one early. Ingreds/Date are below.

1 Can Red Ale HME
1 Can Mellow Amber UME
1 Pouch Booster
Muntons Prem Brew Yeast (6 grams)

Brewed 1-12-12
Bottled 2-1-12 (cane sugar w/Mr Beer sugar tool)
Condition Start 2-15-12
Projected Drink Date 3-2-12

Tried one 2-23-12 and seemed flat and too fizzy. Just time or possibly too much carbonation?
by flat and too fizzy do you mean it had no head?

On Deck ~ filthy mongrel;
Bottled ~ Abbot 12 - belgian dark strong; duesseldorf alt; honey nut brown; zombie puke - ABA; maori warrior - NZIPA

Creamy,thick,velvety head. - unionrdr

Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #3600
natefrog255
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlaw10 View Post
by flat and too fizzy do you mean it had no head?
It had some head but the taste didn't seem full and when drinking it almost had too much fizz. It wasn't a crisp beer, it reminded me more of a soda aftertaste. I know that isn't a great description. I think it needs more time to mature, I just don't know if 1 more week is enough.

All Extract Brewer (with Steeping) Brewer Since Fall of 2011. Goal is to try All Grain in Summer of 2013.

Quick Reply