New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Mr Beer - Read all about it and ask questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #1601
jaybird88
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 2 liter growler

hey i got a 2 liter growler (twist off top) is this ok to bottle in, or is the twist off top not sufficient for carbonation? thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #1602
paleale12
Recipes 

hahahah if you want to wait a week or so I am experimenting with that now I bottled friday and will let you know next Friday or so if it works.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:27 PM   #1603
KFBass
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

So I tasted my mr beer today. It was the west coast pale ale. Followed the directions to a T, but added a half cup of honey to bump up the ABV and maybe give it some taste. I even went so far as to use table sugar for priming like they suggest. Left in the primary for two weeks, bottled, and cracked one after a week. It was decent, drinkable, not sweet. The carbonation was present, but not lasting so I'm going to let the other guys sit a little longer. They were a bit cloudy but not terrible.

All in all, im glad it worked out well. Hoping my next batch will be the same!

Old 01-25-2010, 03:54 AM   #1604
Ringmaster
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Tried the first beer the other day. It was the cowboy Lager. And i used those dextrose tabs instead of normal table sugar.

I thought it was amazing. A few family members tried it and seemed to like it to.

Although used 9 tabs instead of 11, so the carbonation was a bit low. Not much foam either but i want to leave them in the bottling process for 20 days and it's only been about 10.

I put a couple more in the fridge though, i liked them that much.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #1605
somecallmetex
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Out of curiosity, what are people doing with their Mr. Beer after they upgrade to a full home brew kit? I was thinking since it has a smaller size and comes with plastic bottles it might ideal to make soda in.

Primary- On hiatus until full wort setup complete

Secondary - EdWort's Apfelwein (Jun '11), (Feb '12), (Feb '12),

Agin/Drinking-EdWort's Apfelwein EC-1118) (Jan '11), Chocolate Raspberry Port (Fall '10), Blackberry Port (Fall '11)

Old 01-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #1606
eppo
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

personally, i've been brewing 5gallon batches since september, and have done nothing with my mrbeer kit. i plan on doing small all grain batches with it. some people just like to use it for experimental brews, or styles they are not sure they will like.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #1607
msa8967
mickaweapon
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 70

You could save thid for trying to make lager brews because it will easily fit in the refrigerator. When I have made soda I have just used a bucket. Once the plastic becomes exposed to rootbeer it is not easy to get the smell off of the plastic so I have a special bucket just for soda making that beer will never go in.

Mick Arnett
North Liberty, Iowa
"Beer will change the world. I don't know how, but it will."

Old 01-28-2010, 12:21 PM   #1608
djt17
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 316

Quote:
Originally Posted by somecallmetex View Post
Out of curiosity, what are people doing with their Mr. Beer after they upgrade to a full home brew kit? I was thinking since it has a smaller size and comes with plastic bottles it might ideal to make soda in.
I use mine for the occasional small expermental batch; right now it has a Brown Ale fermenting (I used up a some left over DME). This also is the first time using Chocolate malt.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #1609
Nova5
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts

makes a nice half batch fermenter. make a 5 gallon, split it in two and try different add-ins.

TransGalactic Brewing. 2012+
Old Dark Tower Brewery, Est 2009.
5gal Primary #1 :
5Gal Primary #2 Empty
MRB Primary #1 : Empty
MRB Primary #2 Empty
Carbed to Beery Goodness! - AHS Lando Cascadian Dark Ale - Brewed 10/28/12, Dry Hoppin 11/4/12, Bottled 11/10/12

Carbing - AHS Clone - Southhampton DoubleWhite - Brewed 11/11/12, Bottled 1/20/13

Old 01-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #1610
RyanK2
Recipes 

Has anyone ever primed with the booster? I've got loads of boosters laying around because I use DME instead. Looking for something to do with them.

Bottled: Weihenstephan Hefe Clone, Kärcher Bock, Kölsch, Oktober Wheat, Simcoe Slam IPA, Apfelwein, Red Trappist Dubbel, Dunkleweizen, Simcoe Slam IIPA, Hoppy Hefe, Come All Ye Faithful Christmas Ale, Gingerbread Ale, Wits End Kristal Wit, Kärcher Haus Pale, Nocturia Black IPA......too many.

http://walledlakebrewing.blogspot.com

Quick Reply