Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Mr Beer - Read all about it and ask questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2008, 03:43 PM   #131
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4356 Times on 3168 Posts
Likes Given: 847

I have an old Beer Machine 2000, and I only used it once- but I think you can store/serve from it. It has those small co2 chargers, right? As long as you have the co2 to carbonate, that should work. I think you have to buy bottles separately (and it's different than Mr. Beer in that way) but they instruct you to carbonate and serve out of the keg.

As far as keeping ingredients, they don't store particulary well for a long length of time, but for short term it's ok. Keep them cool and dry (refrigerate extract if it's liquid) and keep the hops closed and in the freezer. However, use one whole package of yeast in each 1/2 batch. That is, don't cut the yeast in half when you cut the other ingredients.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2008, 04:20 PM   #132
brauhaus

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflcowboy78
It is beer. i finally bottled my WCPA today. I started the process on New Years day and finally tasted and bottled my brew today. Now comes what is going to be the hard part for me waiting the two weeks recommended for priming. The beer has a nice golden color and a mild flavor. i can't wait to chill and drink it.
the best advise is to let is sit for a while... i let the mix ferment in the keg for 14 days, then bottled, primed and ready to go...

then i let it still for 2 weeks outside of the fridge and just for kicks put one in the fridge last week... tasted it last night and we have SUCCESS! now the rest of the beer can go in the fridge and can be shared!

so it's been a good 4 weeks and it's ready....

Fire/EMS of HBT.com

Old 01-12-2008, 07:35 PM   #133
sflcowboy78
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

BraeHaus just a quick question about the priming process. i have my brew bottled and added the priming sugar following the destructions that came with the kit. should i be seeing any activity in the bottle or not really.

Old 01-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #134
shafferpilot
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
BraeHaus just a quick question about the priming process. i have my brew bottled and added the priming sugar following the destructions that came with the kit. should i be seeing any activity in the bottle or not really.
The only thing you'll see is after a while a little bit of sediment (flocculated yeast) building in the bottom of the bottle. The fermentation happening in there is so minimal, you won't see anything else.

A great man knows that he knows NOTHING

Old 01-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #135
sflcowboy78
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

thank you for the answer i was worried because i could not see anything but i already felt the preassure starting to build in the bottle

Old 01-14-2008, 05:08 PM   #136
brauhaus

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
sorry, i shut ye olde computer down this weekend after one long week at work... but you shouldn't really "see" anything going on...

after i had primed the bottles they did swell up with pressure, but other than that, that's about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafferpilot
The only thing you'll see is after a while a little bit of sediment (flocculated yeast) building in the bottom of the bottle. The fermentation happening in there is so minimal, you won't see anything else.
+1

Quote:
thank you for the answer i was worried because i could not see anything but i already felt the preassure starting to build in the bottle
just set the bottles aside and forget about them for 2 weeks or so, I weekly checked one bottle and sampled it once a week, and the first week it was super sugary, the second week the sweetness was toned down... and by the third week i was def sampling beer

Fire/EMS of HBT.com

Old 01-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #137
Will21
Recipes 

Couple things

WCPA has been fermenting for 15 days in keg, will try and bottle sometime this week, might wait till 21 days actually.

tried some, had a flat taste but kind of cloudy. normal?

Old 01-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #138
ghostofdavid
Recipes 

Location: Formerly Cincinnati, OH; Currently Columbus, IN, Indiana

I purchased one of these from BBB and asked the forum if I should keep it. Most of them told me no, but I did it anyway.

My kit came with Canadian High Country Draft and it is yeasting it up (did I make up a term) in our cupboard closet. Late Friday night, I played the part of the mad scientist with the wife humouring me as I loomed about our tiny apartment kitchen boiling extract and cackling like an idiot. We'll see how it turns out.

We went back to BBB and found their 3-pack of Mr. Beer mixes for 15 dollars. I bought two of them. I figure if I get 12 gallons of beer for 30 dollars, I did OK. Even if I count the 25 or so dollars for the Mr. Beer kit with one batch included, I think I did ok for 55 bucks.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #139
GloHoppa
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofdavid
I purchased one of these from BBB and asked the forum if I should keep it. Most of them told me no, but I did it anyway.

My kit came with Canadian High Country Draft and it is yeasting it up (did I make up a term) in our cupboard closet. Late Friday night, I played the part of the mad scientist with the wife humouring me as I loomed about our tiny apartment kitchen boiling extract and cackling like an idiot. We'll see how it turns out.

We went back to BBB and found their 3-pack of Mr. Beer mixes for 15 dollars. I bought two of them. I figure if I get 12 gallons of beer for 30 dollars, I did OK. Even if I count the 25 or so dollars for the Mr. Beer kit with one batch included, I think I did ok for 55 bucks.
For your next 55 bucks buy a real brew kit, and then use the Mr Beer for Apfelwein. I did that this weekend and couldn't be happier!

Primary: (empty)
Carboy: Apfelwein, aged 11 mo
Mr. Beer: (empty)
Bottled/Conditioning: (empty)

Planning: Belgian Pale Ale, Hop Harvest Ale

Old 01-15-2008, 05:32 PM   #140
ghostofdavid
Recipes 

Location: Formerly Cincinnati, OH; Currently Columbus, IN, Indiana

I actually already did.