The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Mr Beer mixes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
vanman250
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Mr Beer mixes

I like the small batches but not the cost. Does someone sell the beer mixes like Mr Beer for less or larger ones that I could use half now and half later. I like the syrup mixes in the can, it's like making a can of soup only the end result is better.
I looked at one of local beer stores but they only had the ingredients that people who really make there own beer use.

vanman250

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2006, 09:32 PM   #2
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman250
I like the small batches but not the cost. Does someone sell the beer mixes like Mr Beer for less or larger ones that I could use half now and half later. I like the syrup mixes in the can, it's like making a can of soup only the end result is better.
I looked at one of local beer stores but they only had the ingredients that people who really make there own beer use.

vanman250
if you buy one can of malt extract syrup from a local shop, that is perfect for a half batch of beer. a full batch of beer needs two of those cans.

you'd need to buy a couple ounces of hops and boil it all in some water, but you can certainly use the same stuff that "people who really make their own beer" use.

-walker

Old 02-10-2006, 02:43 AM   #3
Beer Snob

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Is there something special about "Mr. Beer" mixes? I'm not being cynicle really. I have no clue... I just saw them on the net last month when I bothered to type Mr. Beer in yahoo and have noticed people seem to get Mr. Beer mixes

"Don't worry, have a homebrew." ,"The "Bible"

Cherries in the wheat
Michael's Wheat

Old 02-10-2006, 03:08 AM   #4
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 11

they are basically pre-hopped cans of malt extract and yeast. Since the stuff is clean and there are no hops to add, you don't have to even boil them. You just mix in hot water to dissolve the hopped LME and pitch your yeast. The cans of LME are big enough to make a 2.5 gallon batch of beer.

-walker

Quick Reply