Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > more newb questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #1
speedyvette
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default more newb questions

i'm currently deployed to iraq and my wife bought me a brew kit online because i told her one day that i wanted to try it when i got back.well the kit came with an ingredients packet for free.i was just wondering if this would last till i got home in about 3 months.and wold it last longer if she put it in the fridge or freezer or anything.sorry if someone has asked a similiar question i couldn't ind it or maybe i wasn't looking hard enough. thanks in advance

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #2
GrizlyGarou
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hops should go in the freezer, grains can go there too if they're sealed well, dry or liquid extract will be fine as long as it's sealed pretty much anywhere that isn't pretty hot, and the yeast should go in the fridge.

Welcome to the hobby, the board, and thanks for signing up, too!

Also, I'd try to convince her to brew it for you and buy a second ingredient kit. If she starts it now, it'll be awesome when you get home!

Old 11-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #3
phatuna
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hi, she should put the yeast and any grains in the refridgerator, the grains should go into a ziplock bag. If it came with hops, she should put those in a ziplock bag and place them in the freezer until you return.

everything else can sit out.

Old 11-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1954 Times on 1413 Posts
Likes Given: 1066

Def tell her to make you a batch with the included kit. That way you have a nice batch of homebrew ready for you when you get home!

Everything will be fine if you follow the above recommendations. You will have a blast making beer when you get back. So get back soon!

Old 11-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
smmcdermott
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thank you for serving and good luck to you. I second what these guys said.

Quick Reply