Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > miss's problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #21
drinker
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbee
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but six(6) beers EVERY night is not good for you.
Why not? Let's see the medical evidence if that's the case.

Your answer sounds like one of the "traditional" answers to me.

My brother is an M.D. and he says that a sixpack a day will not harm anyone's liver at all.

Quote:
At 6 a night I am afraid that you have gone beyond the enjoyment of the tastes of your hobby to being more interested in the "buzz" associated with the consuming. Let's be honest, after just a couple of beers the taste just doesn't seem to be as a "WOW" factor anymore.
We're all individuals, which means we are all different in every way. It's not a one-size fits all solution to life's pleasures.

Quote:
Listen to the wife.
Yes. Please do, but let common sense and consideration rule.

Quote:
And contrary to the title of this thread it is not her problem!!!!
Problem? Doesn't sound like one to me, anyway, unless someone expects it to automatically be one... Right?

This is just my way of thinking. I do not mean to ruffle anyone's feathers, so to speak.

drinker

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2006, 06:47 PM   #22
2nd Street Brewery

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
At 6 homebrews per night, I'm willing to bet her issues are more about your gas and less about your liver. Or is it that she's tired of seeing you waste money on new pants (because you've got to be racking on the pounds).
I probably average 6 beers a day I have dropped 15 pounds in the last year. It's all in what you do. Like was said before, if you're not turning into an a**hole when you drink I don't know what the problem would be.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:50 PM   #23
ayrton

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinker
Why not? Let's see the medical evidence if that's the case.

Your answer sounds like one of the "traditional" answers to me.

My brother is an M.D. and he says that a sixpack a day will not harm anyone's liver at all.

We're all individuals, which means we are all different in every way. It's not a one-size fits all solution to life's pleasures.

Yes. Please do, but let common sense and consideration rule.

Problem? Doesn't sound like one to me, anyway, unless someone expects it to automatically be one... Right?

This is just my way of thinking. I do not mean to ruffle anyone's feathers, so to speak.

drinker
Your liver is what metabolizes fat and enables you to lose weight. By drinking six beers a night, you're tying it up by forcing it to metabolize the alcohol in your body instead, this decreasing (or stopping completely) carlorie burn during that time (not to mention taking in at least 100 calories/beer).

The effects of drinking go further than just damage from alcohol.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:51 PM   #24
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 355 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 95

If the original poster is seriously considering sneaking a drink in the woodshed, that pretty much defines "problem" in my book. Yeah, it's an individual thing, but if the person who is closest to you thinks there might be an issue, well... it's time for an open, honest examination.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:54 PM   #25
disaffected
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbee
Let's be honest, after just a couple of beers the taste just doesn't seem to be as a "WOW" factor anymore. And what is the main reason that we all got started in this hobby...to make great tasting beer!!!!!!
I won't dispute much of what you say. But if you are suggesting that the taste of a homebrew (or any good brew) can't be as enjoyable on the sixth bottle as on the first, I do disagree with that.

There are few occasions when I drink more than four beers in an evening between getting home from work and going to bed, but I often drink more than six beers on a whole day when I'm off work. I don't notice any difference in my ability to appreciate the taste whether it is my first beer at 10:00 AM on a Saturday (e.g. breakfast), or the last one at 11:00 PM at night.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:01 PM   #26
disaffected
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer06
what do u do when the miss's says that ur drinkin to much?
I have around a 6pk a day of my home brew.........I'm being driven away from brewing cause of this clashing should I wait till she goes out? or sneak out the back shed?
Bottle in 16 ounce bottles (16.9 or 500ml) instead of 12 ounce bottles. Cut back from a sixer to only four.

Or for a real sacrifice, bottle in 22 ounce bottles and only have three.

Old 11-03-2006, 09:55 PM   #27
boo boo
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
Or, here's another idea: instead of bottling your homebrew, keg it. That way, it's more difficult for her to keep tabs on how much you've drank. ..
Works for me also. Then you can tell her that the glass you drink from ( that she must never touch) don't hold a full 12 oz of brew and that you can drink more of them and still not add up to the 6 you previously used to drink. lol.

How do you BBQ an elephant....first you get your elephant....

Old 11-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #28
jags
Recipes 

Bring her over here we'll get my SWMBO to train her. She's figured out that if she keeps up I don't become annoying....

Old 11-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #29
brewer06
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer4breakfast
Bottle in 16 ounce bottles (16.9 or 500ml) instead of 12 ounce bottles. Cut back from a sixer to only four.

Or for a real sacrifice, bottle in 22 ounce bottles and only have three.

I drink out of 330ml bottles most of the time and I enjoy the taste otherwise i would not drink as many maybe I should also point out the fact thaT when a guest comes to visit the miss's offers them a home brew as well as me when I accept I cope it when the guest leaves whether it be my old man or some 1 else
I dont like the fact that she could give away my home brew and go made when I want 1 so I have 8 cases/cartoons 24/375mls left to go and I am not attempting to make any more till they r gone so I can come clean and steady my drinkin but while its their I'll drink it cause it's nice taste.

I also have a 3 yr old how hates my brew but loves to get her dad a beer from the fridge in dads bar

Old 11-06-2006, 12:10 AM   #30
Beermaker
The NAVY WALRUS
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Do you have a beer gut yet? If not, your ok. If so, trade her in for a trailer trash queen with a beer gut too, then you can both drink alot.

Why yes, yes I am a metrosexual!

On taps 1,2&3: Una Mas Cerveza, Ham in a Can, IPA
Primary: XINGU Clone, Rye P.A.
2ndary: Low Gluten IPA, Bourbon Oak Aged Vanilla Porter
Kegged: Sh*tty Orange Hefe, Una Mas Cerveza, Smokin Hot Blonde, Belgian Dubbel
Next up: Una Mas Cerveza, Pecan Pie

Quick Reply