Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > miss's problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2006, 01:04 AM   #11
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 631 Times on 394 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj
6 beers a day can't be good for ya anyway.
Travesty! Treason! Have a case of homebrew and don't come back until you're better.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2006, 02:43 PM   #12
Ol' Grog
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Had a similar situation at my home....but my problem was I would get mouthy and be a jerk. It took me a while to realize it as my father was a full blown alcoholic. Anyway, we've come to the agreement that, and I'm now glad I do, I only drink on Friday and Saturday nights, at the house, and only late evenings when she crashes out, around 2100 or so. But the most important thing that made me understand all of that is the birth of my daughter, whom is now 3 and watching and listening to everything I say or do. I don't want her seeing me like I saw Dad. I've been mixing Jim Beam's and Cokes since I was about 8. I really don't want her to go through that....so that's another reason for starting homebrewing. I get her involved. She helps me stir the wort and dump ingredients in. I explain to her what we are doing and how it works and that we're making beer. I don't hide that away. She's taken a sip and doesn't like it, and that's good. I tell her mom and dad like a cold beer and it's OK now and then, but don't get "stupid." I know she's young, but she's an only child and in my experience and observations, they grow up really fast and can understand things you think they can't. I want her to know that it's OK to drink, but you have to be responsible for your actions and you have to think. We all have friends that get drunk and don't "think." Akin to "hey, hold my beer and watch this!"

Old 11-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #13
Reverend JC
2500 gallons year to date
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Is that anything like "hold my beer and the wheel, i have to scratch myself in two places at once"?

uhh, that never happened by the way.

"Just because i don't care dosen't mean I don't understand." -Homer Simpson

http://www.modernmonks.com

Old 11-03-2006, 04:49 PM   #14
ayrton

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I don't think I could handle six beers on any one day, let alone all of them. I do my best to avoid beer during the week (of course, I like to lump Thursday evenings in with my weekend).

Old 11-03-2006, 04:59 PM   #15
rdwj

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrton
I don't think I could handle six beers on any one day, let alone all of them. I do my best to avoid beer during the week (of course, I like to lump Thursday evenings in with my weekend).
I'm pretty much a friday and saturday (and the occasional Thurs or Sunday) drinker. I have no problem putting away 6 or more, but I couldn't imagine doing it every day. I'd expect that much drinking to have a negative effect on my health, work and relationships.

Old 11-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #16
docbee
Recipes 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but six(6) beers EVERY night is not good for you. That fact that your wife has complained about it speaks volumes to this being a problem that she does not want to go through.

At 6 a night I am afraid that you have gone beyond the enjoyment of the tastes of your hobby to being more interested in the "buzz" associated with the consuming. Let's be honest, after just a couple of beers the taste just doesn't seem to be as a "WOW" factor anymore. And what is the main reason that we all got started in this hobby...to make great tasting beer!!!!!!

Listen to the wife. Talk to her and find out what level of "tasting" your brews that she is comfortable with and work out a compromise that she can live with. And most importantly stick with the deal at all times. And contrary to the title of this thread it is not her problem!!!!

Old 11-03-2006, 05:53 PM   #17
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Liked 128 Times on 107 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbee
And contrary to the title of this thread it is not her problem!!!!
I was thinking of a nice way to say that.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 11-03-2006, 05:59 PM   #18
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts

At 6 homebrews per night, I'm willing to bet her issues are more about your gas and less about your liver. Or is it that she's tired of seeing you waste money on new pants (because you've got to be racking on the pounds).

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:11 PM   #19
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

I think you should consider waht she said, unless she's just a totaly controlling witch. The sneaking around thing does sort of raise red flags with me though.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:18 PM   #20
docbee
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo
I was thinking of a nice way to say that.
LOL In my line of work and the types of problems that I have to deal with I have to do the "hit you with a 2X4" at times to wake them up.

Quick Reply