I have a fridge that didn't get left open after it was unplugged and got mold/mildew all over it. I wiped it all out as best I could but there still has to be some in the inner workings of the fridge. This should be OK as long as I keep an airlock on my fermenter, correct?
I had one given to me that was nasty. Covered in mold. I took off every piece that was screwed down, took a spray bottle and bleach and hosed it out. Works great now, but took a lot of work. Worth it for piece of mind and to get rid of the nasty mold smell.