The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > mash today boil tomorrow

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #1
gonpce
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default mash today boil tomorrow

I plan on doing my first partial mash this weekend but because of my work schedule I was wondering if it is possible to do the mash tonight (small cooler) add to my boiling pot and do the boil tomorrow afternoon? Is this a problem leaving in the pot (covered) until after lunch tomorrow

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
jcdouglas
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'm doing this tonight, but I will be boiling in the morning. During my research I found that others have done what you are asking successfully. Go for it and report back your results. If you can, consider wrapping your pot with a blanket or two.

Old 09-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #3
xjmox14x
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 70

I don't see why not... you're essentially making liquid malt extract without the condensing portion. Just leave it covered so nothing gets in there (not bacteria wise, I mean flies, gnats, foreign objects, etc.). Boiling the next day should be fine.

Quick Reply