Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Malted Milk Powder

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
Ashnook
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Malted Milk Powder

Greetings I am a novice beer/wine maker with two batches of beer and four batches of wine under my belt. I have been brewing wine lately as where I am currently staying I cannot find any malt. I came across some Malted Milk Powder and am wondering if I can use that as the base. As I am in love with milk stouts, the milk flavor would be a bonus. For a two gallon batch I was thinking of three or four pounds of malted milk powder with a pound of sugar added. I have not decided on the hops, although that is a secondary concern at the moment. My concern is whether or not the malted milk powder will suffice as a base malt. I may also steep oats for added body. Again though that is secondary to whether or not the malted milk powder will suffice.

Thanks in advance,
Justin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
iambeer
Recipes 

Liked 157 Times on 121 Posts
Likes Given: 128

This is awesome. I would try it as long as there aren't weird ingredients in the powered milk. And I don't think powdered milk is a base for beer. This would not taste anywhere close to a milk stout. I have no idea what it would taste like. Couldn't be worse than my almond milk beer anyhow.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:59 AM   #3
Fizzycist
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Check this out. Pretty much the same thing. If I remember right it didn't end pleasantly.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/i-am...altine-294176/

Quick Reply