New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Making beer in Korea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 05:35 AM   #1
Levenhagen
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Making beer in Korea

Hello

Im going to do a brew in a bag. 5 gallon all grain

I want to make a SMASH beer, I think thats what it is called when you use only one malt and one hops. I'm in South Korea right now and I dont have a wide variety of malts or hops to pick from. Do you have any suggestions?

I want to do an ale so I can have it at room temperature. Also I like darker beers and very hoppy beer but I think I can only get one kind of malt and thats a pilsner malt, thats how they have it labled. Theres maybe more malts but those are the only ones I know I can get for now.

THIS IS A UPDATE: I think I can also get these malts pale ale, wheat, vienna, carared, carahell, carapils, munich, melanoiden, caramunich 2 and 3, caraaroma, carafa 2, smoked. But I would like to try and make a beer with just one malt so I can buy it in bulk and save money.

Hops I can get: kent golding, tradition, saaz, tettnang, hallertae, cascadeI think I have a good variety of yeast: Wyeast, Ssfbrew WB-06, Saflager w34, safeale s-04, california ale, english ale, irish ale, hefeweizen, belgian wit

I just thought I would mention it again Im going to do a brew in a bag.

If you could get back to me soon that would be great... I want to buy the ingredients soon

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
Levenhagen
Recipes 

A

Old 02-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #3
210_MMBrew
Recipes 

Pale malt + cascade. That safale or appropriate wyeast will work.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
Levenhagen
Recipes 

What measurements do you recommend? I want to make 5 gallons with the brew in a bag method, have you done that method before? This will be my first brew in a bag, but I dont have the room or supplies for normal all grain brewing.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
210_MMBrew
Recipes 

Just fiddle around on hopville or beersmith and find the appropriate level of pale malt for the ABV you want. Add 3/4 oz of cascade at 60, 45, and 5. Dry hop with a 1/2 oz.

Quick Reply