Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Made my 2nd batch of beer late last night

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
Tonypr24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Made my 2nd batch of beer late last night

I bought 2 of 2.5 gl of water from the super market to brew my beer last night. I put 2gl of water on the brewing pot and 3gl remaining on the primary. I know you always lose water while boiling but after 40min boiling I just poured it into the primary where I already had 3 gl of water and made sure the temp was good for the yeast and pitched it and was done for the night. This morning I remembered that I did not check to see how much water I lost while boiling and now I would need to open the lid to check and I don’t know if I can just top it off now if I need to or if its necessary?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2449 Times on 1726 Posts
Likes Given: 1403

Should be ok to add clean water. Just sanitize your hands and anything that touches the wort. You should not have any problems though.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
LeeF
Recipes 

Shine a flashlight from the back side and you can get a good idea of the level. As far as adding more water, do it if you want.

Quick Reply