Originally Posted by Nasty
What style beer is it?
Its a Canadian Ale.
I actually just found the instructions.
Let me know what you guys think.
1.Bring 2.25 litres(0.5 imp gal) of water to a boil. Pour malt extract from can into plastic container. Use boiling water to remove all malt extract from can, adding to plastic container. Add any remaining boiling water to plastic container.
2. For a normal bodied beer add 5 cups(1kg) of corn sugar.
3. Briskly stir in the mixture in the plastic conatainer making sure that all solids have completely dissolved
4. Add 20.25 litres(4.5 Imp. Gal) of cold water for the 22.5 litre kits. The final temperature of the mixture should be 65/75 degrees F(18-24 degrees C)
5. Sprinkle the dried brewing yeast into the barrel and stir.
6.Snap lid on and attach fermentation lock which has been completely filled half-way with water. Allow to ferment for 5-10 days at 65/75 degrees F.Bottling the Beer
1. Put half a teaspoon of sugar onto each sterilised bottle. Do not exceed this amount. Syphon the beer from the container into the bottles taking care not to disturb the sediment, leaving a space of at least 2 inches from the top.
2. Cap bottles with crown caps and store at room temp for 10 days.
3. Store in a cool area for 6-8 weeks