Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Looking for a larger style Ale (P/M)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
Fuzzyfella
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Looking for a larger style Ale (P/M)

Having previously brewed kit beers I currently have my first basic, partial mash, ESB in primary and am looking for an easy partial mash recipe for a friend of mine who is coming to stay. He is a heathen b***ard who has yet to find the joys of decent 'real' beer and is currently lost in a sea of p*ss water, otherwise known as lager (the tasteless, fizzy-water, Carlsberg variety).

In a valiant effort to teach this poor mis-guided fool the joys of real beer I want to make a blonde pale beer but do not have the equipment to tackle proper wheat beers or the cool enviroment required for real lagers.

I have once again returned to this tree of knowledge in the hope of further enlightenment!

Kindest regards,

Fuzzy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 127 Posts

California Common, Mild, Kolsh and American Lite Hybrids are all Ales that would fit the bill and can be done PM or extract.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 03-16-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
Fuzzyfella
Recipes 

I've looked through the 'light' recipies but most of them are for full grain brews and not partial mash? The only one I found was Xeric Fields and whilst this looks interesting I was hopping to see a few recipies and pick and choose my own ingredients.

Regards,

FUzzy

Quick Reply