The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Long time drinker, first time brewer...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
chuke
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Long time drinker, first time brewer...

Hey everyone...I've been lurking here for weeks....gathering info, tips and opinions. I brewed my first batch 2 weeks ago and just bottled it tonight. Thanks to Revvy's bottling tips thread, everything went smoothly. It was hard not to ask questions everytime something popped into my head, but I was patient, searched the forums, and learned. I watched my brother-in-law do an AG batch about 2 months ago and I was hooked.

For my first batch, I wanted to brew an APA but it turned out like more of a blond ale...OG 1.043, FG 1.009. It's fairly light in color, but it looks and smells like beer; therefore, I'm happy. I'm going to make another batch tomorrow night - an Amber Ale (extract). It won't be long until I'm trying AG...can't wait.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the lessons. Your expertise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Tim

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #2
agroff383
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuke View Post
Hey everyone...I've been lurking here for weeks....gathering info, tips and opinions. I brewed my first batch 2 weeks ago and just bottled it tonight. Thanks to Revvy's bottling tips thread, everything went smoothly. It was hard not to ask questions everytime something popped into my head, but I was patient, searched the forums, and learned. I watched my brother-in-law do an AG batch about 2 months ago and I was hooked.

For my first batch, I wanted to brew an APA but it turned out like more of a blond ale...OG 1.043, FG 1.009. It's fairly light in color, but it looks and smells like beer; therefore, I'm happy. I'm going to make another batch tomorrow night - an Amber Ale (extract). It won't be long until I'm trying AG...can't wait.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the lessons. Your expertise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks again,
Tim
Welcome Tim! Ask away! Good numbers on your beer, glad to see some success the first time out.

Whereabouts in Western PA? Lots of PA peeps on here.

Can I have your business card?

Old 10-14-2009, 01:32 AM   #3
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What's up chuke?

Welcome to HBT.

Hey, knock that shvt off. We're drinkin' here.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:35 AM   #4
WenValley
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Two Buck Chuke?

It's probably too late to turn back, so Welcome! Get yer credit card(s) warmed up...

'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.'

Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-14-2009, 01:46 AM   #5
chuke
Recipes 

Two Buck Chuke...I like it...Trader Joe's Special Brew!

Pittsburgh...

Quick Reply