Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Little redish dots on yeast starter flask....bad?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
madbird1977
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Little redish dots on yeast starter flask....bad?

Okay, just started doing yeast starters and I noticed that I have two small red dots on the bottom side area of my flask. I santized with Star San each time and use a bottle brush (twisted to get the inner edges) to scrub the $hit out of it but I can't get them out. I noticed water kinda "sticks" around it so I think its raised somewhat on the inside.

Okay so my question is any risks of infection/off flavors.

Has anyone had this same thing? I've done only 2 starters and just got my 3rd going in it today.

Any other way to get rid of it?

Both my other two had decent fermentations since last weekend so, the yeast is alive and working.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
HOMEBREWZ
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

hummmm i would use PBW and let it sit over night then scrub it out with a brush or maybe ever a piece of steal wool on a stick or something and if that doesnt get it out i would personally get a new one but thats just cause im afraid of infection and out of 30 batches ive never had an infection and fear it might be my time lol

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply