Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Like a kid on Christmas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
Fracturedman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Like a kid on Christmas

So, yesterday I got my First HB kit and today was brew day...I felt like a kid on Christmas all over again. Now the day is done, everything is sanetized and I am tired.

My roommates, who are also my landlords(who are also my brother and sis-in-law) told me that I could not brew in the house, and thought the idea was stupid...Now, they are both hooked when they realized I was making BEER and how relatively simple it is. One now wants to make mean and wine and the other wants to make beer...on tuesday I am taking them to get their first brew kits.

Friends dont let friends drink alone. A real friend buy's the beer. And a true friend drinks that beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2009, 03:39 AM   #2
Baldy_Beer_Brewery
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracturedman View Post
My roommates, who are also my landlords(who are also my brother and sis-in-law) told me that I could not brew in the house, and thought the idea was stupid...
A lot of people have wildass ideas about what brewing is. I think they get these pictures of still with tubing and kettles all strewn about and don't realize just how simple it can be.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:52 AM   #3
pretzelb
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
My roommates, who are also my landlords(who are also my brother and sis-in-law) told me that I could not brew in the house, and thought the idea was stupid...Now, they are both hooked when they realized I was making BEER and how relatively simple it is. One now wants to make mean and wine and the other wants to make beer...on tuesday I am taking them to get their first brew kits.
Lucky you. I'm still trying to convince my better half that it's a fun hobby.

Old 09-06-2009, 04:18 AM   #4
Fracturedman
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretzelb View Post
Lucky you. I'm still trying to convince my better half that it's a fun hobby.
Yeah, I am holding out for a girl that likes good beer. Tired of girls who hate beer but love wine coolers and mass produced "beer". I want to meet a girl that likes Hair of the dog, Dogfish head, Rogue, sierra Nevada, and full sail beers over Budweiser, Coors and miller.

Friends dont let friends drink alone. A real friend buy's the beer. And a true friend drinks that beer.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
captianoats
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Yeah, I am holding out for a girl that likes good beer. Tired of girls who hate beer but love wine coolers and mass produced "beer". I want to meet a girl that likes Hair of the dog, Dogfish head, Rogue, sierra Nevada, and full sail beers over Budweiser, Coors and miller.
Don't worry, they are out there. However, you may have to mold their pallet a little bit. My wife loves wine, and likes good craft brews, but she will not touch BMC.

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music" --George Carlin

Old 09-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
smitty2324
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I think my wife was sold by the time she tasted my third batch. Now she keeps asking when my 4th batch will be ready and wanted to try samples out of the hydrometer.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
pretzelb
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Actually she used to only like the hard lemonade beer. I'm not sure what changed but now she likes Spaten Optimator. I think it might be changing tastes but we also joined a club at a restaurant which has you fill out a card of all their beers to earn a stein. This forced her to try a lot of different beers. She enjoyed that and even took notes. I also think she started to like going to brew pubs and getting the samples.

Find a girl that will at least try the samples and then just give it some time.

Old 09-06-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
pretzelb
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty2324 View Post
I think my wife was sold by the time she tasted my third batch. Now she keeps asking when my 4th batch will be ready and wanted to try samples out of the hydrometer.
Ha. I'm not there yet. So far she hates the samples on the hydrometer. It's almost like she's taking medicine. I need to keep trying though.

Quick Reply