Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Let's start some controversy....to secondary or not?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #81
brewd00d
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Im surprise one of those brew magazines havent done a control test on using two of same exact recipes, but keeping one in primary and the other transfer to conditioning.

Or someone from here has done it yet. I dont know.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2011, 01:23 AM   #82
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewd00d View Post
Im surprise one of those brew magazines havent done a control test on using two of same exact recipes, but keeping one in primary and the other transfer to conditioning.

Or someone from here has done it yet. I dont know.
That was what the original BYO magazine/basic brewing podcast was about that FINALLY gave some credence to what many of us had been saying for years. That was what finally made this more mainstream, and was what got John Palmer re-evaluating what he wrote.

That was what, 3 years back...That's what made the shift and stopped some of the viciousness that was thrown our way when we dared mention that autloysis in this instance was a boogeyman.

There's also been several threads on here of folks doing that very thing. Irregularpulse even entered both batches into contests to put them head to head.

A lot of that is referenced in the thread I linked earlier, that's why I linked it, because just about everything about this that has been done has been put into that thread.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-14-2011, 01:37 AM   #83
nukinfuts29
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 7

The basic brewing guys are great. I have been listening to them starting back to the first show for like a two weeks now.

My Recipes: Drunken Emu Hard Cider, Drunken Emu Mississippi River Water
The Jack Keller Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Kirks View Post
Patience, my Padawon. The yeast can sense your tension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Maybe you want to educate yourself instead of just having a bunch of pre-conceived notions based on ignorance.

Old 12-14-2011, 03:13 AM   #84
dcHokie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 240 Times on 184 Posts
Likes Given: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
LOL...

Here's a good example. nukinfuts has only been here since Nov. but he's already become part of the community. He's in the trenches, asking AND answering questions, and interacting with folks on here. It's only been a few weeks but I feel an affinity towards him/her/it.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29 View Post
LMAO

I'm one of those long time lurkers. Been here around a year, learned to make beer last year and signed up this year looking up the whole wine scene. I'm a perfect example of finding everything you need through search.

I have a custom search in my browser (chrome). I just type "hbt" and hit space and it automatically searches anything after that through this website. I took the time to set that up (30 seconds?) because the search tool here is so powerful. I bet I use it 20 times a day.

In its own quirky way, this thread may be one of the best examples of why I love HBT and why I think it works on so many levels. You've got 80+ responses in 1 day on a polarizing, but well discussed topic. You've got new folks and old pros interacting, people giving honest opinions, anecdotes, hearsay, people jumping in with a encyclopedic knowledge and linked references, guys debating the merit of rehashing the already debated, mini-controversies, jovial humor, sarcasm, inside jokes, and a lot of communal sharing of personalities. And of course the mods are great, but pretty cool that it is a largely self-moderated community without the trolls and bottom feeders cruisin' the rest of the web.

Aging: Sour Solera, Flemish Gold, Repas du Matin Sour Table Beer, Flanders Red, Anejo Rum Sour, Brett Brown, Sour blonde, Funky Barleywine Barrel, Sour Rye Whiskey Barrel
Bottled: Cherry Oud Bruin, Le Batard Solera, Sour Stout, Wild Ale, Brett Belgian Rye Stout, Berliner Weisse, FlandersPale, Brett Old Ale, Funky Fig Saison, Mango BGSA, Rapture RIS, Brett Saison

Quick Reply