Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Late extraction addition on Partial boil IPA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2009, 09:10 PM   #11
Hopsie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Hi all,
Thanks for all the replies. The FG was at 1.022 and the FG for the recipe was at 1.021 so I felt pretty good. Speaking of which, how can I keep the hydrometer from clinging to the side of the tube(I'm using the storage tube of the hydrometer for readings). I've tried spinning the hydro, but doesn't seem to help. I'm always paranoid I'm reading it wrong.

I'll dry hop for 2-3 weeks and hope most of it settles. I think part the murkiness came from sloshing the primary too much getting it from the upstairs bathtub to the downstairs kitchen counter and only giving it about 20 min.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 09:25 PM   #12
carbon111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsie View Post
Speaking of which, how can I keep the hydrometer from clinging to the side of the tube(I'm using the storage tube of the hydrometer for readings). I've tried spinning the hydro, but doesn't seem to help. I'm always paranoid I'm reading it wrong.
Get a proper hydrometer test jar.

Best Regards, James
--
My beer blog: http://brewdujour.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.carbon111.com

Fermenting: Carbon's Grizzly Bear, Young's Special London Ale (clone)

Bottled/Conditioning:Siberian Raven Winter Ale, Cherry Tree Porter, Victoria's Dirty Secret

Drinking: Montgomery Scottish Ale, Thames American Bitter, Crow's Beak Old Ale, Bastet Brown, Carbon's Cascade Ale, Red Silo Honey IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply