New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > kettle to fermentor transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
JNye
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default kettle to fermentor transfer

so i just dump my wort thru my strainer into a bucket. then i dump the bucket thru the funnel/strainer into the 6.5 carboy. I feel like this is really good for aeration of my wort. I do notice in the carboy i get alot of foam/head forming from the splashing and the drop to the bottom of the carboy. just wondering if I am doing something detrimental to my beer, ie head formation later. I remember reading Palmer said they(protiens responsible for head) only form once or something. Although I figure those who shake to aerate are doing the same thing I am.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
JakeTheHopDog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Nope, you're fine. I shake my carboy for 3-5 minutes and get a big form layer.

Keith

My Keezer Build

HOP DOG BREWING CO.
Spring Hill, FL
"If you can't drink with the Hop Dog..."

"Doppler Effect": The sudden change in pitch of a car horn as a car passes by.
"Dopeler Effect": The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
NuclearRich
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 88 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 28

the strainer your pour through really helps all that foam, and to me that is what I call excellent aeration - same thing I do.

Kegged - Robust Porter
Bottled - 30th birthday barleywine, caramel gingerbread quad, Half-wit (100%Brett), Mulberry wit, Caramel Quad/RUMCAKE, coffee porter, Rice Saison, Apple Cider
Primary - Blueberry Blonde, Amber Ale

Cogito Ergo Doleo

"rdwhahb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedudefromguam View Post
I thought that meant people were getting frustrated with their brews. Like- OH NO my beer is infected RHWAHAHRBLABLE!!!! OR- My beer pours all foamy RDWHAHBLARABBLE

Quick Reply