Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Kegging Beer, Equipment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
atlphenom
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Kegging Beer, Equipment

So I've been thinking of spending some money on myself this christmas and building a kegerator for my homebrew. The main problem I have is I don't actually keg my beer yet, so I'll need to get equipment to do that as well. When I was looking at all the equipment it seemed to me like you use the same equipment in a kegerator that you would in a kegging system. Do I need to buy two separate systems? Or can my kegerator setup suffice as my beer kegging station as well?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
Sarrsipius
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

You don't need any special equipment to keg your beer. If you are using buckets or carboys you can siphon right from them into your keg. I recently upgraded to a stainless conical and I just run a hose from the racking port valve right into the keg and let gravity do the rest. The valve sits slightly higher than the top of the keg (it's on a platform inside my fermentation freezer).

All the equipment you need to buy will be for the keggerator (kegs, Co2 tank and reg, shutoff valve, gas line, beer line, fittings, faucet, etc.)

Conical : bohemian pils
Keg 1: Brown Ale__Keg 2: Hellas
Keg 3: Hellas__Keg 4: air
Keg 5: AIR 6: Edworts Apflewien

My HERMS rig

Old 11-09-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
atlphenom
Recipes 

Awesome, I should be enjoying a frosty mug of my own personal keg beer soon then.

Thanks, and Cheers

Quick Reply