Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Kegging

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #11
glugglug
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

I'd count on at least $300. I've bought kegs as low as $20 each when you can get in on a big keg purchase. A month ago someone posted a co2 tank for $50 on Homebrew club email list. Point I'm making is start looking for good deals on Craigslist etc. it you keep your eyes peeled, you can jump on some good deals when they come up.

Don't buy a brand new co2 tank because you will probably end up just exchanging it. That happened to me, and it hurt a bit to have one not as nice. Also, on top of the tank price, the gas is about $20.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 03:32 AM   #12
ScottG58
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I think it's going to run me about $850. Danby fridge $200, stainless two tap tower with Perlicks and regulator $280. Two used ball locks $140. Five pound tank $70. Cut out stainless drip tray $100. Three stainless drawer pulls 18" $40. White board for door $20.

It is going to take awhile to pull that together.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #13
billpaustin
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BansheeRider View Post
The Danbys are nice, here's mine....

Attachment 117759

Edit: I'm on my phone, sorry for the sideways pic!
This is my setup too. Works great. 2 5 gal corny's and a 5lb co2 tank. Dual stainless tower with 2 Perlick 525ss faucets.

This is fun :)

Old 04-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #14
DrunkleJon
I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1225 Times on 898 Posts
Likes Given: 568

Check out CraigsList. I am always seeing old kegerators or kegging supplies (regulator, CO2 tanks) listed there for a reasonable price. Pick up a STC-1000 from ebay or amazon for under $20, and you can make your own temp controller(check the DIY section for instructions) for a reasonable price. You can also often find old chest freezers/refrigerators on there for free-$50 just make sure they work before picking them up as they are not fun to dispose of otherwise. The part that really gets you is when you spring for the nicer parts. Multiple pressure regulators, Perlick taps, fancy tap handles, etc. Note that we tend to reccomend 10 foot lines or so, as you will notice a plethora of posts about foaming problems which 5 foot lines.

Beware though, kegs seem to want to multiply like bunnies. That additional addiction can be a touch painful to the wallet.

Additionally, you can go for pin lock kegs over ball lock and save up to $20 per keg. They arent worse or better, just different quick disconnects. Additionally, if you can find some good ones in a scrap yard or other place to find them legally, you could also go with sankey connections and use commercial style kegs.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #15
InversePolymath
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

I'm working on my set up now. The cost so far is like this: $240 - 2 pin locks, hoses, regulator and taps (keg connection) and $30 temp controller (ebay, home depot). I am still looking for a co2 tank. My LHBS wants $130 for a new full 5lb which I think is a little high. I have been searching craigslist for a freezer but there haven't been any close by. I have one that I use for food that I may have to sacrifice and buy another one at a later date. I plan on spending another $100-200 dressing up the keezer so, conservatively I would say a 2 keg set up should cost no less than $450.

Quick Reply