Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Just started first batch!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Tritonal
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Just started first batch!

Finally took the plunge and started my first batch of beer! Went to my lhbs and bought their Great Pumpkin Ale kit which came with all I needed to get started. The process was relatively pain free..that is until the end...

After talking with my lhbs they suggested to put a straining bag in the primary fermenter before pouring into it to catch anything left over. That just about led to disaster as there was so much stuff in the bag and the wort drained so slowly that I was beggening to think it might have been better to just leave it all in and strain it when it went into the secondary in a week. My other issue was during the straining I knocked the strainer and bag into the bucket. Everything was santized before hand so hopefully it wont have an effect.

Onto the questions, How do yall clean your muslins? Hand? Washing machine? Any advice on that would be rather helpful!

Anywho 4 weeks and counting!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Transamguy77
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 12

If its a nylon bag I just rinse it really well, if its fabric (like cheese cloth) I rinse well then put in the washer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply