The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Just finished brewing my first batch!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #11
jerryteague
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 182 Times on 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewerinBR
Congrats on batch 1... time to buy more fermenters and do batch 2

I have five 6.5 gallon fermenters. I can bottle and brew almost every weekend... well until the honey do list gets the SWMBO upset then I got to work...but not this weekend, bottling an oatmeal stout as soon as I finish toasting the oatmeal for my oatmeal stout I am brewing on Sunday.... OGM I got it bad.... and I am running out of bottles???
Nice! I bought 2 fermenters (6.5 gallon) so I can at least keep 2 batches going. I'm headed to the LHBS in a little while for a couple of carboys (6.5 gallon and 5 gallon). I plan on doing a lager soon (prolly an Oktoberfest or a Maibock), so I need a secondary. The beauty of it is that the SWMBO doesn't mind at all!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #12
jerryteague
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 182 Times on 151 Posts

Quick update: fermentation has commenced! I'm getting a lot of activity in the airlock and the fermentation temp is holding at 64 degrees. SWMBO is also having a hard time not looking at the fermenter every 5 seconds. Thanks to everyone for the kind words, and I'll be updating this (with pics) regularly. Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply