Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Just bottled my first batch!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
RegionalChaos
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Just bottled my first batch!

I got it all bottled up last night. It's an IPA recipe. Tasted decent going into the bottle. Now I just get to wait more! Anyway, it was a fun process and I'm looking forward to doing it more and improving. I already have a batch of apfelwien going in my second carboy

Three cheers for beers!

Planned House Ales: an Amber, an IPA, a dark IPA, a Mango Ale, a blueberry oatmeal stout, a dry Irish stout, a honey wheat, Apfelwien

What kind of R-Value does your ferm chamber need? - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/what...hamber-190459/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2008, 04:44 PM   #2
AFAJ Brew Guy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Congratulations! Feels good, doesn't it?

Now get going and get that second batch fermenting!

"There seems to be an over abundance of beer related items in this house." -SWMBO

Old 02-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2776 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Now have patience young Jedi...3 weeks to bottle condition it must! Temptaion to taste sooner leads to "Is my beer infected?" panic threads. Not infected...but green it is

Congrats on your first bottling!!!

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #4
chthonik
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It's all downhill from here, and the beer just keeps getting better! Congrats!

Old 02-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #5
RegionalChaos
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Thanks guys

Really it just makes me anxious to get my next batch going. There are several things in my process that I think I can improve on. Hopefully not breaking those damn hydrometers is one of them...

Planned House Ales: an Amber, an IPA, a dark IPA, a Mango Ale, a blueberry oatmeal stout, a dry Irish stout, a honey wheat, Apfelwien

What kind of R-Value does your ferm chamber need? - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/what...hamber-190459/

Old 02-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
hopsalot
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 55

+1 on revvy, on my first couple of batches I didnt wait and when I drank the last one it was the best, its hard I bet you want to drink one right now, I know I do too, but be strong it will be worth the wait

Old 02-20-2008, 06:11 PM   #7
RegionalChaos
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

What temp do the bottles need to be stored at? I put them in my outside office, since it is out of the way, etc.. Out of sight out of mind for SWMBO.. But it isn't as well insilated as the house. Might drop down to 60s or 50s depending on the weather outside. Should I move the bottles up into the attic or something?

Old 02-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #8
Blender

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

You should put them in a warmer place, preferably around 70 degrees or so. After they carb up it's then fine to put them in a lower temperature area.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:13 PM   #9
RegionalChaos
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Great, will do, thanks

Old 03-05-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
RegionalChaos
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Well I waited 2 weeks before sampling a bottle. Tasted Great! I was really impressed with how much influence the dry hopping had on the aroma. The bottle I tried was carbed decently, but I plan to let MOST of them age another week or so before gifting or drinking. Friday is brew day for the second batch Another IPA.

Quick Reply