Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Just Bottled First Batch......

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #1
DizzyPants
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Just Bottled First Batch......

I just bottled my first batch of a light wheat extract. The color was pretty light and after my calculations (b/c I used a 3 six packs of 12oz and 19 Twenty Two) I got around 52 beers. Sound about right?

I primed correctly so now it is time to wait.

I even had a pint of it as is and it tasted good enough today, I can't wait to see how it turns out.

My wife said "there's no alcohol in it, it just tastes like juice."

I reserved comment, I do want dinner ya know?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
jolleyphoto
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Congratulations on your first batch. If your OG and FO readings were on then you have alcohol. I bottled a batch of APA today and got 26 22oz bottles. This is pretty much true with all my batches. If you think your beer is good today wait for two weeks. But don't drink it all because if you wait an additional two weeks (four total) you'll think you went to beer heaven.

On deck
Primary: IPA
Secondary:
Aging: APA
Drinking: Pale Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Orange Honey Wheat, IPA

De`ja`-Brew
We have all been beer before

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply